Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so, I managed to some how half-way pop/collapse the driver's side left front coil off the bottom strut mount, so I decided to look into buying some lowering springs. Can I use the stock struts if I only get a smaller drop, like the Intrax, Apex or Progress springs? I just thought that for the price of a junkyard strut and spring (about 100) for about 50-100 bucks for I could have a nice pair of lowering springs...

any thought?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You could use stock struts for awhile. If you get a mild drop, they might last for a decent time, but they will eventualy give out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I recomend that you go with an aftermarket setup dont go into this thing halfassed and you will have a truly good handling car, chat with the ohters and most will agree.
Try the SVT kit it has all the parts and it only costs $245.00, alot of guys/gals have it and they say its worth the money.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fspeed said:
You could use stock struts for awhile. If you get a mild drop, they might last for a decent time, but they will eventualy give out.
that's basically the answer I'm looking for...I know they won't last for ever, and I don't plan for them too...only for a bit..

I'd like to use stock SVT suspension pieces, but IDK if hatchback piece will fit a sedan, and I don't even know if any wreckers around here have any...

·
Registered
456 Posts
IDK either but you can always go with the ST setup as well same stuff but made for the sedan.
Then add a swaybar the 05/06s dont have rear sways as far as I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts