Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about an eibach pro-kit in the very near future for my zx3, anybody got some feedback on the goods (handling, reliability, looks, etc.)?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Wake up and smell the roses dude(3inasvt)eibach is not a flyby night ..SAG...give me a break(brake)...nos...These springs are provin time and time again...I have had them for more than 1.75 years when I brake hard my lights do not even move......well a little cuz I`m prob.. brakin hard..I love-em

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
you'd probably be the only person on this board who wouldn't recommend the eibachs. keep in mind the spring rate on your mitsu might be different than the ones on the focus.

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just go with the gold line dude they don't sag and they drop the car 1.5 inches. If you only go 1.5 inches then its not going to be as hard on the shock and struts.

Plus their like $100.00 cheaper.
The guy that worked at eibach started making his own springs and they are exactly the same as an eibach.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
My buddy used his goldlines on his neon and they totally ruined the ride and suspension, not sure about the focus. I have progress springs and like the drop they gave me with a 1.8. But on the stock suspension my allignment and ride are total crap. I just got my new Eibach Pro Dampers in the other day and will install those with a new alignment and camber kit to see how it works out. Eibach, Progress, H&R, Koni, Bilstein are all great names when it comes to suspension systems.

·
Registered
388 Posts
zx3focus said:
Just go with the gold line dude they don't sag and they drop the car 1.5 inches. If you only go 1.5 inches then its not going to be as hard on the shock and struts.

Plus their like $100.00 cheaper.
The guy that worked at eibach started making his own springs and they are exactly the same as an eibach.
Gold-Lines do NOT wrap the top coils in a rubber sleeve so they have a tendency to rattle when going over bumps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I personally have the Eibach pro springs and I love them. They firm up the ride, yet ya can still use the car as an everyday driver. They make the car look real mean from the distance and provide better turnin response. No mo body roll! I love the springs and also got the sway bar kit to boot. That further helped the ride out and makes the car easier to push harder into the turns. I would definitely reccommend the kit and they are well worth the money I spent ($710) for the complete kit.
[driving]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I had eibachs on my pro rally car and they never sagged or failed. I guess that's why a majority of rallist's use them...they're bullet proof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts