Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to lower my svtf this spring and I was looking at the Eibach Sportlines but everyone only has them listed for the ZX3,ZX5,LX,SE in the same kit but not the SVT. Will they not fit or did they just not list the SVT.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A Eibach spring designated for a 00 to 05 Focus should fit an SVT because SVT springs fit those other cars as well. Please remember that you will need new shocks/struts as well to effectively dampen those stiffer and lower springs. SVT shocks are good but not up to that task.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of lowering could i get where i didnt have to change out the shocks/struts?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Eh I rocked stock struts with H&R race springs for about 10,000 miles, and well it was pretty bouncy, not sure if it ruined the struts, don't really care since I'm not going to be putting the stock struts back on ever. If you can afford it get struts at the same time, handling is much better with aftermarket struts to match, plus it is just way cleaner if you get what i mean.....

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
what kind of lowering could i get where i didnt have to change out the shocks/struts?

There really isn't any. The reason being is that a shorter spring is firmer (increased spring rate) to make up for the loss in suspension travel (so it doesn't bottom out all the time). A shorter /firmer spring requires a shorter (piston rod length)and firmer shock to dampen it. Stock shocks are made for a longer softer spring. The valve assembly at the bottom of the piston rod is specifically designed to dampen a specific spring rate. A firmer spring would wear out the stock valving relatively quickly or the stock shock simply will not have the capability to physically dampen the new spring. Then there's the possibility the valving will bottom out (as a result of the combination of the new shorter spring and the existing longer piston rod) in the shock housing which will easily damage it as well.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Your best bet is the Ford Racing kit that i assemble for you. Theyre a complete suspension and you will not need to reuse anything off of your car. It will lower a standard Focus 1.5" and a SVT 1". You can get it for $358. PM me if you have a question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts