Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, not sure this was covered or not, at work and cant read through all the posts right now.
I'm looking to lower my '06 Focus ST maybe 1.5 - 2.0 inches. I dropped my '96 eclipse with springs and new shocks and the ride was rough as hell. I like the ride in my focus as it's soft, and responsive. What I'm looking for is what is the best products you have found to maintain a natural, almost factory tuned ride while getting the looks of being dropped a bit? Thanks.

[8]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm pretty sure that once you lower it, there isnt a kit that'll keep the same comfort as you like...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Your best bet may be a set of progressive rate springs and dampers. It could be done fairly cheaply, KYB AGXs are pretty cheap and reviewed pretty well, and a set of Vogtland or Progress springs, or some other progressive maker. But generally speaking, if your ride is lowered you need accordingly heavier spring rates to lower the amount of motion, and higher damping so the energy is still dissapated properly. Too weak springs will bottom and destroy your shocks, too little damping and the springs will oscillate more than once and you'll bounce.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the full coil over sets, from Koni, H&R, Vogtland, ect.? Thought maybe the full set, adjusted and such for the ride would be close to standard...

[8]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts