Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good cheaper set of lowering springs for a zx4!! And does anyone know where I can get a Engine Cover that says Ztech on it?? How about a place in the area where I can get a HOT PINK paint job for less than $2000?? I just need FOCUS FRIENDS LoL....to many hondas!!

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Give me a second while i look for lowering springs for you. there a bunch of us in Charlotte an there are some in SC......like me.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
1.5 inch drop for $190
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_55&products_id=589

1.2 front an 1.6 rear drop for $205
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1163

2.0 front an 2.2 rear drop $205
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1227

1.4 front an 1.3 rear drop for $245
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1906

1.5 inch drop for $250
http://www.steedafocus.com/store/Suspension-&-Chassis-Eibach-Performance-Sport-Springs/c31_227/p469/Performance-Sports-Springs---'06-'07/product_info.html

thats just some if you want you could check with mike at hilbish ford. Hilbish's # is 800-849-0233 ext 34 an ask for mike, he doesn't work the weekend's so you would have to call him tomorrow. got any more questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome, I am down in jacksonville, we are all trying to plan g2g's so feel free to join us....

Reactions: Blackcatn2o

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I want to try to get one in before thanksgiving.......let me know what you all think....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome! BTW, don't forget to post up in the member list thread. [thumb]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to fanatics! I am in the Charlotte area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How excatly do you know that?? My friends who are mechanics, dragged it on 1/8th mile and, checked it top to bottom, and said that it looked and sounded like a ztech...How do I tell? And what additions do I need to add to make it a Ztech?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Like Jay said, they stopped making the Zetec in the Focus in '05. From '05 on, all Foci have Duratecs. You can find some Duratecs in the '03 and '04 models, but most of them are from the New England or Cali areas.

The easiest way to tell the difference is visually. Zetecs will have a Zetec logo on the valve cover, but if there isn't one visible there are two easy ways to tell the difference.

1) The Zetec engines have a distributor cap with spark plug wires; Duratecs have coil-on-plug wiring.
2) The Zetec engines have the intake on the back side of the block towards the firewall and the exhaust on the front side behind the radiator. The Duratecs are the reverse - intake in front, exhaust in back.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I know a friend that can do that paint job probably for less than $2,000 if you'd like. I can get you an estimate if you are serious about it and if you have money in hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok...i dont know much bout the car...only had it like 2months now...just tryin to figure things out... the guy i bought it from gave me no owners manuel nothing just as is no warranty....my trunk lid everytime i open it has a horrible noise...bad motor?? Lil things like the doors wont stay locked when i locked them...duratech is still good tho right? all my friends have mazdas and hondas....nobody gives a damn bout my fucus...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know a friend that can do that paint job probably for less than $2,000 if you'd like. I can get you an estimate if you are serious about it and if you have money in hand.
Not ready yet but will be at tax time....tryin to find ppl in my price range...still have to have money for my mardi gras trip in feb lol...but want to be pink and lowered by then!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Welcome to FF! Pink focus huh, that would be interesting. Ohh and the Duratecs rule, hehehe. If you ever driven a stock Zetec(Non SVT) and a stock Duratec, youd never wanna drive the Zetec again.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
ok...i dont know much bout the car...only had it like 2months now...just tryin to figure things out... the guy i bought it from gave me no owners manuel nothing just as is no warranty....my trunk lid everytime i open it has a horrible noise...bad motor?? Lil things like the doors wont stay locked when i locked them...duratech is still good tho right? all my friends have mazdas and hondas....nobody gives a damn bout my fucus...
Only other focus owners will give a damn. the focus has performed like shit in the past thanks the the SPI an zetec engine (witch other Honda, STI, srt neons, ext owners still think that the focus still has a shit engine in them) an ford's famous retarded designs o an the name of the car too. people dont understand that the car wasn't made for drag racing an drifting, they were made to perform around corners.

·
Registered
128 Posts
:p i recruited her!!! told ya it's a good place to come, and yea....screw hondas!!! i think imma save up for that $5800 supercharger for my stang to take it up to 500hp....:D gonna take quite some time, anyone know someone who would be able to help me with the wrenchtime?? whenever that time comes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts