Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a company that makes something for the 2012's..the car reminds me of my mazdaspeed6 when I got it.. I hate the fender gap between the wheel wells, looks like a 4x4... a .8"-1.2" drop would make the car look much more aggressive, and handle even better than it does now..Eibach will have their pro kit/sport kit with sway bars out within a month they are telling me, but still no specs on how much the kits lower front/rear, and what camber adjustments need to be made. Does anybody have any other information on any other spring options?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Someone linked a good suspension walk through earlier. Camber plates are fixed, you to go design and machine new parts if you want to adjust.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am looking for Ford Racing to make available 1.5" or so (F & R) higher rate, shorter springs, along with a matched set of more-effective-damping struts (sport struts). I would want the struts optimized to work with the 1.5" lowering effect; that is to say, the "at rest" position of the sport strut works with the (now) lower ride height of the car. One of the worst things you can do (and this shows as very quickly "bagging" the struts) is for the struts not to be re-centered to match the lowering springs. So, OEM struts (also with their weaker damping action) are not on! If you put in higher spring rate springs, as well, it demands higher damping capable shocks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts