Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
FRPP, "Ford Racing Performance Parts"
Costs about $300 +/- shipped, new 1.5" springs and dampers (shocks/Struts) gives a great ride for the money and is cheep!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Svt 2003

I am looking to buy a 03 SVT (3 door). It is currently lowered too much and the tires rub with the slightest flex. The dealership is willing to change the suspension for me if I can tell them exactly what to get. I would be fine going back to stock SVT suspension but a little lower would be ok too. I was just wondering if I could get some input from you guys on here. The focus has adjustable coilovers in front but I need to know what springs to put in the back. The focus has 17" OZ wheels. I will try to put a photo up of it on here.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The fenders have already been rolled and at the current height I'm still getting some serious rub so I need to lift it. Is it possible to put spacers in the springs and adjust the coilovers accordingly because I want it low but with no rub or abnormal tire wear.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd check the wheel offset= Stock SVT wheel's are 49mm offset. W/ coilover's you can adjust the ride height. How many mile's & how much to they want?

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you can afford it I would recommend coilovers, the range of adjustment and performance is way above most spring/strut combos with the possible exception of ground control coilover springs and Koni yellow sport shocks. When I first bought my STVF it had 111,000 on it so I decided to get the FRPP kit cause of the cost, well after about 8 months the front struts felt as weak as the ones I replaced w/111,000 on them and the back end stuck up in the air too far. After that dissapointing experience I puchased the Tein SS coilover system, it's now a completely different car , I was able to fine tune the ride height at either end of the car, compession and rebound damping has 16 levels of adjustment, the car is much more responsive to steering inputs, braking, acceleration and the car is always poised and controled, and despite what alot of people say the ride is very acceptable, this car is my DD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd check the wheel offset= Stock SVT wheel's are 49mm offset. W/ coilover's you can adjust the ride height. How many mile's & how much to they want?
96k miles and $8500. Can I put coilovers on the back though? If I do will it be a rough ride? Also, what brand do you recommend?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you can afford it I would recommend coilovers, the range of adjustment and performance is way above most spring/strut combos with the possible exception of ground control coilover springs and Koni yellow sport shocks. When I first bought my STVF it had 111,000 on it so I decided to get the FRPP kit cause of the cost, well after about 8 months the front struts felt as weak as the ones I replaced w/111,000 on them and the back end stuck up in the air too far. After that dissapointing experience I puchased the Tein SS coilover system, it's now a completely different car , I was able to fine tune the ride height at either end of the car, compession and rebound damping has 16 levels of adjustment, the car is much more responsive to steering inputs, braking, acceleration and the car is always poised and controled, and despite what alot of people say the ride is very acceptable, this car is my DD.
Using coilovers doesn't mess up the camber and cause abnormal tire wear does it? I am making them put new tires on the car b4 I buy it and I'm making them put the new suspension on as well. Thank you for responding

·
Registered
145 Posts
Most coilover systems use a height adjustable upper spring perch on the back w/the shock setup. My car sets about the same as your red one, I needed to use camber bolts in the rear and the front is only out a 1/2 degree so I left it alone. I'm using stock wheels w/215-45-17 tires and experience no rubbing.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have an 07 ST with h&r race springs/kyb agx struts with the omni kit. The omni kit allows u to use all 00-05 suspension kits. I love my setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts