Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey probably a stupid question, but whats all needed no lower my ZX3. springs, struts? let me know. thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Springs and struts/shocks would be best, as springs only will completely blow out your stock struts/shocks. Not only that but your ride quality will be terrible as well and your handling will be improved but no where near the level a full combo will achieve, take a look in the suspension section, there is a lot of good info on the kits that are available as there are many out there to choose from.....

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
spring and shock/strut is needed. afterwards you definatly need an alignment as your toe will be way off. unless you are really low and are worried about tire wear, you dont even need anything to decrease the negative camber. camber = good, IMO.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
^+1

Ive seen -2 camber with zero toe and no abnormal tire wear. However, my cheapo friends installed camber kits and DIY'd the camber, but didnt bring it to align. His toe was outta wack and now he needs new tires.

·
Registered
921 Posts
spring and shock/strut is needed. afterwards you definatly need an alignment as your toe will be way off. unless you are really low and are worried about tire wear, you dont even need anything to decrease the negative camber. camber = good, IMO.
Amen brother! -2.1 degrees here with an autoX alignment and no crappy tire wear. People are too worried about camber.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i didnt put shocks and struts on when i didnt mine. and thankfully they havnt crapped out on me yet and i drive the piss out of my car. iv hit my bump stops multiple times.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I bought the saleen/Eibach kit and it came with springs, dampers, and sway bars! Great set up and cheap.

I would recommend the FR setup, similar to the SVT setup!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anyone have links of where i can get a full kit of shock/struts and springs for a good price?
PM them to me if you do please
THANKS!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
does anyone have links of where i can get a full kit of shock/struts and springs for a good price?
THANKS!
Try using the Focus Fanatic vendor section. It's pretty rare that you can find full kit prices lower than many of our approved vendors.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
THANKS!
Call Hilbish Ford 888 360 4399 ask for Mike in the parts department , if the FRPP deal is still going on you may want to jump on it . I got everything including sway bars for a little over $600.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts