Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb here, and have been reading a lot about the suspension upgrades and lowering kits available for my '00 ZTS. Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow for coil overs, so I have to do this on a budget. I have been scouring the classified section and ebay. I like the price on the eibach sportline. What dampeners would you recommend on a budget. Also, does the sprotline kit need any camber adjustments? Thanks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF! With lowering spring's you w/ need a desent strut's/shock's, So w/ that it be cheaper to go w/ Eibach's Sportline System= struts/shocks/spring's. Hit up Miles @ Tirerack. I paided 441.00 for mine. Any time you lower your car your going to have more negitive camber. I'd do alignment, & see where it is, & set the toe= 4 way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's not a bad price at all for all that. I saw they sold the camber adjusting bolts on the tire rack site. Can't believe the cost of them, but probably will need it.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If a 1.5" drop will work for you, Ford Racing has springs and shocks that can be delivered to your door for about $300.00 (Hillbish or Tousley Ford). The Sportlines while a little lower, are a love them or hate them proposition, and seem to be designed more for looks than handling (the spring rates start off very soft and firm up in a rather abrupt transition for a progressive spring). Lots of FF members use the Ford Racing springs and shocks with minimal complaints.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you just want to be lower and want a little more handling then go with the frpp kit. It comes with the 1.5" rebadge eibach pro kit springs and svt dampers. It's a decent setup for the baller on a budget.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
It comes with the 1.5" rebadge eibach pro kit springs and svt dampers. It's a decent setup for the baller on a budget.

What's your source that the FRPP's are rebadged Eibach Pros? The springs when placed next to each other are pretty different (number of dead coils, coil spacing etc.). It's possible they are made by Eibach but I believe the specifications are different. Some time ago FRPP springs were made by KW and Ford Racing even advertised that. I haven't seen them mentioned the manufacturer of the current Ford Racing springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts