1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there
im new to Focus Fanatics
ok, so

i have a 2005 focus zx3, the suspension is completely stock, i have a set of 17" wheels and 215/40/17 tires
How low can i get with a lowering kit?
ive heard i can get about 2"
any help would be appreciated

thanks..

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sure you can go 2". The Eibach Sportlines will get you that low. But if don't want to risk rubbing I would go with the Pro kit from eibach which will lower you about 1.5". I don't see too many people with rubbing issues on Sportlines but maybe someone else can chime in...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
here is my car on eibach pro kit:

btw my wheels are 17x7 205/45/17

and, [welcome]

·
Registered
25 Posts
sound exactly like me, also look into the FRPP kit from Mike at Hilbish ford, its pretty much the same as eibach pro kit, just from ford racing. 360, all the hardware and i think they come preassembled no need for spring compressors. dont quote me on that tho.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have tein s tech's and kyb agx's and a full system with 4 18 inch subs in back. the added weight does lower the rear end a lil more, but i still only rub in extreme situations like a couple places on the way to vegas i hav heard the rear rub because of sudden rolling dips. and i've rubbed a couple times trying to get into driveways, but that's my fault for having to do ackward angles due to the front bumper. the front has rubbed a few times from fast corners. not from the corners themselves, but from bumps in the road while taking a corner. no damage due to this. and i have 18x7.5 wheels, and 215/40/18 for tires. with the 35 series i prolly wouldnt rub as i didnt when i used that size before, but i got the 40 series to add some security for potholes.

remember in the pic that those are 18's, so your 17's should fit no problem, with that 2 inch drop.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i got 205/40/17 w/Eibach sportlines, my rubs only on extremely hard turns. otherwise no problems

WELCOME TO FF!!!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'd go with the FRPP kit. Just because I've heard better things about it.

In my humble opinion (I don't have a drop yet), 2" is too low. I'd definitely go with a 1.5" instead, just because it's more practical and there's no chance of rubbing.

Happy tuning!!!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Hey there
im new to Focus Fanatics
ok, so

i have a 2005 focus zx3, the suspension is completely stock, i have a set of 17" wheels and 215/40/17 tires
How low can i get with a lowering kit?
ive heard i can get about 2"
any help would be appreciated

thanks..
Can you tell us what the offset of your 17" wheels are? The offset accompanied with too much lowering is offset the reason for rubbing. If you have too little offset (40 to 42mm for example) being a little conservative with the amount of lowering might be better. With increased offset numbers (45 to 49mm) you might be able to go a little lower without rubbing issues. The wheel/tire combo dictates a lot of what you can do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for posting
this helped me alot
im going to look into that FRPP kit, seeing as i work at a ford dealership

so as it stands right now
im going with a 205/45/17 tire and a FRPP 2" lower kit
Thank you all so much!

·
Registered
936 Posts
If you can't get a good enough deal through work on the FRPP kit, then definatly talk to Mike at Hilbish. When you buy the kit from him, it comes with everything you need for it. And the front spring/strut comes preassembled from him.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Thanks everyone for posting
this helped me alot
im going to look into that FRPP kit, seeing as i work at a ford dealership

so as it stands right now
im going with a 205/45/17 tire and a FRPP 2" lower kit
Thank you all so much!
I'm not aware of a 2" FRPP lower kit. It is 1.5" that I know of...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts