Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded from a 2000 Ford Focus to a 2010 Focus SE after I hit a telephone pole and it's time to lower this bad boy a little. I am considering the Eibach® - Sportline Lowering Kit since it is very inexpensive but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
I am not wanting to go too low, just a little lower than stock. I don't want to have to do any body modifications. Thanks y'all!

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Sportlines are good, i know a few members here use them and enjoy them for dd. What sort of drop are you looking for and is this for just regular daily driving? If 2"or less, then sportlines are a good pick. Anything lower and you will want to look into coilovers

I will predict a post from felixthecat shortly, he has sportlines and is a fan of them[:)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sportlines are good, i know a few members here use them and enjoy them for dd. What sort of drop are you looking for and is this for just regular daily driving? If 2"or less, then sportlines are a good pick. Anything lower and you will want to look into coilovers

I will predict a post from felixthecat shortly, he has sportlines and is a fan of them[:)]
This is a daily driver so nothing too low. most likely about a 2inch drop. nothing major. I just can't keep it stock [:D] also don't want to break the bank and don't really want to lower too much that i would have to roll the fenders or anything.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'd be more inclined to recommend the Eibach Pro-Kit or H&R springs instead of Sportlines for daily driving. They're a bit of a milder drop. Sportlines you should really get camber plates up front and adjustable control arms in the rear to keep your alignment in spec.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im pretty much torn 50/50 between the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs and the Eibach Sportline springs.

I can't decide :/

also the H&R lowering springs

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well with the sportlines you'd probably need dampers I believe with how much they lower the car. It all depends on what your intentions are. If you just want to be low and not gonna do any autocrossing & such you'll probably be fine.

·
Registered
739 Posts
how much would dampers run?
Depends on what dampers you get. I would say anywhere from $300 to $400 though. With the Pro-Kit you could keep your original dampers and be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts