Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, im looking to lower my 2010 SES but im trying to not spend the money on coilovers. i was wondering if i just got adjustable lowering springs if it would work in the long run. i just dont want my struts to get ruined like 8 months after i put them in. any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Most springs will destroy a shock it wasnt designed for in a pretty short time period.

Have you looked into FRPP's 1.5" drop? Great budget setup if you are fine with only a 1.5" drop.

From a previous thread:
If a 1.5" drop will work for you, Ford Racing has springs and shocks that can be delivered to your door for about $300.00 (Hillbish or Tousley Ford). The Sportlines while a little lower, are a love them or hate them proposition, and seem to be designed more for looks than handling (the spring rates start off very soft and firm up in a rather abrupt transition for a progressive spring). Lots of FF members use the Ford Racing springs and shocks with minimal complaints.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, thats what im trying to avoid doing. no i havent checked them out but i will right now. i was only looking for about a 1.5-2 inch drop so it works out well. thanks

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Most springs will destroy a shock it wasnt designed for in a pretty short time period.

Have you looked into FRPP's 1.5" drop? Great budget setup if you are fine with only a 1.5" drop.

From a previous thread:
What if i go from stock 07 rear spring to a stock rear SVT spring? will need to change the rear shock as well? I just want the small drop from the SVT spring.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
will the FRPP's 1.5 fit a 2010? im only finding it up to an 07
I believe the answer is yes (you can search around here for other 09-11's that have it done.) If i recall correctly everything is the same from 06-11.

You can also call Tousley Ford (ask for Steve) 1-800-328-9552 or Hillbish 800-849-023 and they will be able to tell the exact parts and costs.

What if i go from stock 07 rear spring to a stock rear SVT spring? will need to change the rear shock as well? I just want the small drop from the SVT spring.
I would think placing a stiffer and shorter (albeit only .75" shorter) spring in the rear's only wouldn't be ideal. They make a shock specifically for that spring, so i would assume they would have a reason for it. Also, I wouldn't think having different springs front vs rear would work ideally either. I would solicit some more feed back on that from others on here ( i know you asked this in another thread but not sure where that one is) Would you even be able to buy just the rear springs? I think your best bet would be to just buy the set of shocks/springs and be confident they will work well together.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I believe the answer is yes (you can search around here for other 09-11's that have it done.) If i recall correctly everything is the same from 06-11.

You can also call Tousley Ford (ask for Steve) 1-800-328-9552 or Hillbish 800-849-023 and they will be able to tell the exact parts and costs.

I would think placing a stiffer and shorter (albeit only .75" shorter) spring in the rear's only wouldn't be ideal. They make a shock specifically for that spring, so i would assume they would have a reason for it. Also, I wouldn't think having different springs front vs rear would work ideally either. I would solicit some more feed back on that from others on here ( i know you asked this in another thread but not sure where that one is) Would you even be able to buy just the rear springs? I think your best bet would be to just buy the set of shocks/springs and be confident they will work well together.
Well my car handles and rides fine, like i said i just want the small drop in the rear so it looks more level

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot man. im thinking this will be the perfect look for my car. especially with the lip kit i have its gonna make it look lower with the ability to still drive in the snow haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts