Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might buy some lowering springs for my zx3 this next check, just checking to see it says i can use the springs with the stock struts, is this true? Would i only need to install the springs to get the drop and for everything to work? Lmk ps sorry if this is the wrong place to post, and they are tenzo springs. Also any feeback on tenzo coilovers appreciated. I know they make good wheels, but havent heard anything about the springs.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
If you use any drop spring you should upgrade your shocks/struts. Stockers aren't meant to be used with lowering springs. They'll die quickly. Especially since most drops are from 1.5"-2.2". Doesn't matter whose spring it is.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
go springs struts shocks dude, and if you want go to the HOW TO section and see my write up with pictures on how to swap them out

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Don't go cheap,huh. Hit up "Miles" at tire rack, they're a sponsor here= E-mail him. Get some desent strut's/shock's/spring's & do it once & be done w/ it!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
With any drop spring you need to run different shocks. They will physically fit the stock shocks but thats not the reason. First off most lowering springs have a different spring rate then stock either softer (most are) or stiffer (rare), this requires a shock that is valved to handle the rate of the spring. Remember the shock is there to dampen the spring, if they are not matched you will have a bad ride and they will not last long. The other thing to take into consideration is the fact that the stock shocks are designed for a certain ride hight and or travel, by putting a lowering spring on you change the ride hight of the car and must get a shock that has a matched travel length. If not you will bottom out too soon because the shock is not meant to ride that low.
In short, new shorter springs need upgraded shock!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts