Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the eibach sportline springs (2.0/2.4) for my 2002 Zx3 (NOT svt), haven't put 'em on yet, running stock struts, and am just seeking any advice as to the installation procedure or what to expect with this setup. In addition, I'm wanting to run some 17x7 rims with 215/45/17's.. Does anyone know if the lowering spring and wheel combo will produce any rubbing or unsatisfactory handling? Last of all, camber kit - do I need one? Thanks guys -

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
1) Stock struts will die a horrible death with 2" drop springs.
As well as your back and kidneys due to the bouncy ride.
Stock dampers don't have nearly enough damping capacity for the stiffer springs.
I'd highly recommend getting some dampers to match the springs before changing everything out.

2) 17X7 and 215/45/17 will work, but only on the higher offset wheels I.E. stock SVT wheels at 49mm offset.
If you go much below that offset, you're going to end up with rubbing.
A better option would be 215/40/17, especially on the 42-45mm aftermarket wheels.
Also, the 215/40 is close enough to your stock diameter, that you won't have to worry about the speedometer error.
(215/45/17 is about 1/2" taller than your stock tires)

3) Camber correction (plates up front, and bolts in the back) is kind of "vehicle" dependent.
Some need it, some don't.
At any rate, I'd at least get the rear ones, cause you'll be right at the maximum limit,
and will be wearing those rear tires rather fast if you don't get it back to around -1° to -1.5°.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice

Thanks man, that helped a lot. I'll be running 215/40/17 Fuzion ZRi's on 17x7 Panther EMR 392 wheels. The wheels are 45mm offsett, not the 49, so I suppose 215 is the widest I can go.. right? And I AM looking into performance struts.. you can check out my posting where I ahve all my questions if that hits your expertise as well. :)

Also, about the camber kit.. Where do I get it?

And last of all, when I get my alignment - do you know what the specs are for a solid performing street only set up?

Thanks again -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts