Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
need to move anything? [confused] i think before you can decide on how low you want to go you need to figure out what the purpose of the car is going to be. for instance, do you plan to auto-x or road race is? or do up just want that slammed look? something to also consider is the fact that the lower you go the rougher the ride quality is going to be. after you have figured out some of those thing i would do some research on here on reviews and whatnot about different set-ups and chose one you think you would like. i wouldnt suggest just going with lowering springs, if you are going to lower it, go ahead and do it right the first time and do springs, struts and camber kits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wnting a street car but want it to be lowered i was thinking of running 17 inch wheels just for a street car. I want to do this right that is why I asked you.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I suggest the eibach Sportlines for you, Its the lowest you can get and still have it drivable. The kit for the springs and dampers is about 500. from www.newedgeperformance.com

DO NOT cheap out on the suspension, you will be sorry everytime you drive it if you do.

·
Registered
557 Posts
get the eibach prokit. gives ya a 1.6 in drop. and its very driveable.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
What wheels are you planning on getting? The offset of the wheels and what tire size you run is going to determine how much you can drop the car before you rub.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I personally like the Votgland springs for the 2" drop on KYG ABX externally adjustable shocks and struts good deal at $400.00 +$50.00 shipping on ebay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if I go with the h&r cup kit it says it will go 2.5-2.75 inches lower help me with some numbers on the wheel and tire size back spacing and is that to low and what kind of ride am I going to get.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you should be ok with a 215/40/r17 as long as the wheel has a +42 offset however if you run a 215/40/r17 with a +40 offset you should be ok as long as you roll your fenders

1 - 12 of 12 Posts