Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Don't really care either way

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was looking at the front end of my car earlier today when I was pulled into a parking space that had a normal height curb at the front, and I came to realize that when I get the 1.5" drop from the FRPP suspension that the front lip area is probably going to scrape, so I was wondering what others think, and how they park.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I figure, the Focus is relatively short, and I have a similar drop, so I just pull in. Only now I can't use the curb to stop Me from giving My neighbor a drive thru.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I pretty much back into all parking spots with a curb.
If I pull straight in, i give a decent amount of room between my car and the curb.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
I always back in to any parking spot, unless it is illegal to do (which, in some places, it is), in which case I will pull in, but as others have said, I know where the front of my car is...and I do have to be careful, as I'm dropped on Sportlines.

Mike

·
Banned
589 Posts
With my 1.5" drop my stock front bumper just barely made it over I'd say 90% of my curb encounters. After I put the svt bumper on the front was too low for curbs.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always back in to any parking spot, unless it is illegal to do (which, in some places, it is), in which case I will pull in, but as others have said, I know where the front of my car is...and I do have to be careful, as I'm dropped on Sportlines.

Mike
Okay, now I'm curious ... where is it illegal to back into parking places?

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
There are a few parking garages around here (down in Milwaukee mostly) that have signs posted that prohibit backing into parking stalls. There are also a few parking lots that are the same way. The biggest one that I can think of is at our Post Office here in town.

Mike

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
My car sticks out a little almost everywhere I park, because I've forced this habit of always thinking there is a curb. I've just gotten so use to driving a lowered car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I can actually climb most curbs without scraping if I creep up to them. Steeda springs. No SAP or SVT or any of that. I typically don't pull all the way in, but if I think I need to I can.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'd rather pull out of a parking spot than back out, so, I back in.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I back in where possible just because its fun and a lil more challenging (though not by much). We have one spot in our lot at work that is painted pretty narrow and when centered there is only a few inches to either side from wheel to line. I make a point of whipping into the spot daily. Was fun getting my visual cues lined up.

I know on the SVT's that the header hangs kinda low, so you def have to watch not getting to close to the curb. Might want to check your clearance on yours as well. Would suck to whip into a spot and ding the header.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
i back in most times, unless im lazy then just pull in, i guess it all depends on my mood

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
just be careful with it and youll be fine

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
My car would freak if it saw a curb....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts