Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower both front stock SVT seats. I have the moonrof option, and am tired of having to reline the seat just to fit in the car. 2 inches would be the minimum, more if possible.

I have searched and read a few ideas on how people have done this, from custom brackets, aftermarket brackets, cutting seat foam, etc. I am just looking for a general consensus on the best way to do this. I don't want aftermarket seats.

I am not too schooled in interior mods, so I am looking for some information before I go tearing into the car...

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The seat is down as far as it can go. It was the first thing I did when I bought the car. I wish it was that simple! Appreciate you trying to help though.

·
Banned
263 Posts
i would do this too!

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Good Moses! How tall are you to be having clearance problems??? I am 6'1" and am perfectly comfortable in mine! lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
You are just gonna have to fab brackets or take it to a shop to have custom brackets made. Unless you want to take the foam out and then maybe have the problem of the seat being uncomfortable and so on and so forth.

·
Registered
889 Posts
if you lower them with custom brackets or something, i dont think ur gonna win alot.. maybe an inch at most...if even an inch, try to look at racing seats or something...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Good Moses! How tall are you to be having clearance problems??? I am 6'1" and am perfectly comfortable in mine! lol
i was thinking the same thing. . .
dude must be like 6'5"[pray]

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I'm 6'6" and I can say that I fit fairly comfortably in my car w/ the seat all the way down. However, if I wear a helmet I BARELY clear the roof. If you find a way, I would be interested to see it. Good luck!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
I'm 6'6" and I can say that I fit fairly comfortably in my car w/ the seat all the way down. However, if I wear a helmet I BARELY clear the roof. If you find a way, I would be interested to see it. Good luck!
the "special" helmet? [neener] lol, ok, jk, that was wrong of me.

but anyways, i agree with those saying I don't think you're going to gain much just from custom brackets. your best bet probably is the $$$...new seats.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Do you have side airbags or something? Just drop for some corbeaus

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
im 6 4 and have the same issue. i have recaros and if i could get another inch lower i would be more then happy. y do the svys sit higher any ways?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No offense people, but I have been very careful to say I don't want to install aftermarket seats. For what it is worth, yes, I do have side impact airbags, which is why I do not want to replace the seats.

im 6 4 and have the same issue. i have recaros and if i could get another inch lower i would be more then happy. y do the svys sit higher any ways?
Do the SVT seats sit higher than a regular focus?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i had an o6 zx3 and now have an 03 svt zx3 and yes they do sit higher. not sure y tho. i was more then comfortable in the 06 but feel a little big in the svt. also it my be the fact that the roof is a little lower since the sunroof.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I accomplished something like what you want in my P/U. I wanted to install a set of bucket seats to replace the bench seat. To do that I had to completely remove the slider brackets from the new seats. I then made a set of simple brackets to solidly mount the seats all the way back.

The new seats have no front/back adjustment now, but since I am the only driver, it doesn't matter. Been like that for ten years now....

The stock Focus seat could be lowered somewhat like that....maybe not two inches though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts