Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the rear lower control arms the same on the SVT model compared to a ZX3/5? The alignment bolts on mine were seized up so the bushings had to be cut out (apparently common) and I'm now I'm having to replace the whole arm. I've seen some indication online that the SVT models may have ended up with a reinforced version of the LCA for the rear after 2003??

Anyone know?

I found these online but they just list as "Focus"

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/5417-05214744.html?utm_content=DN&utm_term=2000-2012+Ford+Focus+Control+Arm+Mevotech+MS40153+Rear+Lower+00-12+Ford+Control+Arm+2002+2009&fp=pp&gbm=a&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&gclid=Cj0KEQjw1s-gBRCKwOKQ1sWonvsBEiQA8qALFXvQFjh4MLAH1fHizxCfPnbp8baCsh0SvRi7BabhJ7oaAgc58P8HAQ

·
Registered
535 Posts
There was the same question

here some years ago.

I recall the SVT CAs have a small metal square welded into them around the bolt hole. I could be wrong but I think somebody posted a pic of them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I believe could be wrong that only certain years (later years of the Svt have the reinforced control arms) it was an updated version sort of thing.

If I were you I'd just go aftermarket companies have some great products out there.

I did the same thing with mine had to cut the bolts out but I didn't need to replace my arms. I just changed to polyurethane bushings and put all new nuts and bolts zinc plated so hopefully cut back on the rust/seizing.

I'll be slowly taking everything back apart to either powder coat or at least paint. New England winters are rough on the underside :( poor baby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts