Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well what I want to know is, does Ford use the o2 sensors like GM does?

Meaning; I know GM o2 sensors send like 5 signals to the computer every engine revolution, and if 1 of those signals is bad, it can set off the engine light, but if the next 10 engine revolutions don't have anything wrong, then the engine light can sometimes go off, and then later go back on again.

Is it the same way with these Ford focus's? Mine is a 2000 focus wagon with a auto trans.

What has happened so far is, the engine light came on and I replaced the top o2 sensor, cause at the time of me first hooking the OBDll up the top o2 sensor was bad, so I replaced it, and the code went away with the check engine light.

But now the check engine light came back, and for the second time I hooked the OBDll up to the car, it said the lower o2 sensor was bad. and over the next two days the check engine light went off, and now two more days later it is back on still saying the lower o2 sensor is bad.

So I went to the junkyard yesterday and picked a lower o2 sensor off a sedan with a Zetec in it.

Now I have noticed that the plug for the lower o2 sensor on my car right now is white, and the one I took off the junker is blue, does it make a difference?

Because I forgot to check the junkers door sticker to see what year the junker was?

Thanks,

Djzx3

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really? Maybe I wrote this in a confusing way?

What I want to know is, do Ford o2 sensors work like GM o2 sensors do? In the way of, they can make the check engine light go on and off?

And my other question was, the o2 sensor on my 2000 wagon has a white plug on it, and the one from the junk yard focus that I forgot to check the year on, is blue.

Does it matter what color or year the lower o2 sensor is from, as long as it's a Zetec?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts