Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what size the top nut on the lower engine (trans) mount is? I don't have a complete set of metric wrenches, and there isn't room to get a socket up there. My garage has much more experience on American classics that laugh at the thought of metric tools. It appears to be between 9/16 and 5/8. Maybe a 15mm? That's what my calculator thinks it might be. I figured out the bottom one, which looks to be the bolt, is a half inch and the front, on the smaller bushing, is a 13mm. Anybody do this recently and remember? Am I missing or incorrect on anything? Thanks in advance.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
If you could only buy 5 wrenches, the must-have sizes are 8mm, 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, and 17mm. With those 5 sizes, you can tackle most of the bolts on a Focus. Then after that, the next popular sizes are 19mm, 21mm, 7mm.

But to answer your question, like stated above, is probably 15mm.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
isnt that nut stationary? (welded in place) all you have to do is the bolt...kinda sad i did this and i dont even remember

·
Registered
187 Posts
^^^Yes, the nut is welded in place, at least on the 05' ST.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the majority of the large nuts of the focus are 15mm, and i second what Egz said, those are the only sizes I use on this car, with the exception of the 18/19mm for my lug nuts

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I do think the "nut" is a weldment and the bolt comes out. I don't think you need to put a wench on the nut just a socket and a breaker bar on the bolt....I say breaker bar b/c those things are in there thight...I know I had to loosen them up to put in my 21mm front sway bar....PITA

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I should really get a whole matching set of metric wrenches. I have several random ones, and a full socket set, but somehow no 15. Welded nut makes sense, considering how long that would take on an assembly line if it wasn't. Looks like I've lucked out for now!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
yeah Erik, quit being a tool [:)~]

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe you should be a little more concerned with your motor mounts, Mr. Evan Horsepower! You coming to track day or not?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
pshhh idk, i got nothin to do now so maybe, the meet was canceled and then the party i was gonna go to instead was too...i guess we'll see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts