Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can find these and for how much. They come with new bushings and bolts right?

Im putting H&R's in and had to cut the bolts out. After 3 broken sockets, 2 broken adapters, 1 broken TORQUE WRENCH, and 1 broken HEART.

FML

[boxface][rant][boxface][rant][boxface]

(I cant find the "throw up" smiley but i pick that one too)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and just to add onto that, anyone thinking about doing this don't bother renting an internal spring compressor to try to avoid having to take out the rusted bolts, it wont fit through the hole in the lower control arm.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
you talking about the rear?

if so i used a pry bar to pull the arm down and grabbed the old spring and pulled it out and the new spring went in so easy.

if i was you, poly bushings and new bolts. unless your arms are mangled

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they're rears nope arms are alright, where can I find poly ones? and how do i get the old ones out and the new ones in there?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Your local Ford dealer has the part# but it probably won't be in stock. The bolts are purchased separately. The adjustment bolt and washer are kinda expensive for a bolt and washer. g/l

I used poly bushings once and caused the arms to crack at the bushing. Thats the reason I had to replace my LCAs. I'll never use poly bushings on a DD car again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your local Ford dealer has the part# but it probably won't be in stock. The bolts are purchased separately. The adjustment bolt and washer are kinda expensive for a bolt and washer. g/l

I used poly bushings once and caused the arms to crack at the bushing. Thats the reason I had to replace my LCAs. I'll never use poly bushings on a DD car again.
Good to know. Just got off the phone with CFM, was gonna go polyurethane but now having second thoughts...

Just bough arms with bushings already pressed shipped here in 2hrs for 120 each cant beat that :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
It is alot of work to remove that bolt. Nobody likes it very much, on the other hand I'm glad its nice and tight. I always had luck with heat and a non ratcheting breaker bar.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suspension jobs all done now! I know i may be frowned upon for not using the specific bolts supplied by Ford, But i found some Grade 8s exact same length and thread at a tractor shop by me for $2.50 a pop. I've put about 4-500 miles highway and backroads on the new setup no issues with the bolts.

There is something thats bothering me about the new setup though. Whenever i go over bumps the front suspension makes a bit of noise (like a creaky thumpy noise???) The sound definitely cant be normal. I think i might have put the springs in wrong?? :/

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks read the thread, i have H&R Race springs combined with KYB AGX's. Im wondering if this is a bad combo too, the springs are really stiff and really short, though i adjusted the struts to their stiffest setting

I wouldnt say the sound sounds like two bricks slapping together, but theres definitely like "clunk clunk" that happens over most of the bumps i drive over. Theres no sound when i turn, just over bumps, i think it may be the springs rebounding against the spring hat and strut mount.

when i put the springs on even though i had tightened the strut mount as low as it could go on the strut (i sill have about a half a centimeter to a centimeter until the thread runs out on the strut), i could still press down on the springs so that they could come off the spring seat. Is this normal?

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
dont think so. If i was you I would pm Geezer here on the forums and ask him. He has sound advice when it comes to suspension. Everyone swears by his knowledge and experience. I trust the man and never even met him..lol. Be sure to explain in detail to avoid a wide span of "If's".

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont think so. If i was you I would pm Geezer here on the forums and ask him. He has sound advice when it comes to suspension. Everyone swears by his knowledge and experience. I trust the man and never even met him..lol. Be sure to explain in detail to avoid a wide span of "If's".
Thanks Audio Guru! Will do i think ill need your expertise soon too, speakers blew last week, soon as i get the money and buy a whole mess of suspesnion and turbo parts everything is breaking on me! haha lol its awful cause now im broke! im convinced this car only wants to break only when i dont have the money to fix it! haha [facepalm]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts