Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I googled, and found nothing. I recently had my Ti focus with Select shift in for work and they gave me a SEL focus with only the low gear and hill descent. The low gear setting was so much sportier and more aggressive than the sport mode in my Ti. It always stuck in the power band, and just propelled the car. Even mimicking the low in sport with the select shift couldn't fully get that powerband feel.

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this as well or has gotten the car reprogrammed to have low instead of sport?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I googled, and found nothing. I recently had my Ti focus with Select shift in for work and they gave me a SEL focus with only the low gear and hill descent. The low gear setting was so much sportier and more aggressive than the sport mode in my Ti. It always stuck in the power band, and just propelled the car. Even mimicking the low in sport with the select shift couldn't fully get that powerband feel.

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this as well or has gotten the car reprogrammed to have low instead of sport?
No, don't do low. I am the first person to do a conversion from low to sport mode. Low isn't that sporty and only goes up to third gear. I suggest getting a Tune for you Ti.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, don't do low. I am the first person to do a conversion from low to sport mode. Low isn't that sporty and only goes up to third gear. I suggest getting a Tune for you Ti.
I dunno, I had a lot of fun with the loaner when in low. The ti with select shift is just useless, shifts that the Low setting would do, the sport mode wouldn't even dare. And i'm quite hesitant of tunes while under a warranty unless they can make sport mode less useless.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I dunno, I had a lot of fun with the loaner when in low. The ti with select shift is just useless, shifts that the Low setting would do, the sport mode wouldn't even dare. And i'm quite hesitant of tunes while under a warranty.
Welp it's up to you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts