Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had a VERY slight vibration in my steering wheel after installing the rear motor mount. But didn't even notice it after a couple of days. Give it a week or two, it should settle down. If it continuously bothers you then raising your idle speed by 100rpm should remove this vibration, but you would need an aftermarket tuning device to do this.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Hardly any here.
The wife wouldn't have noticed I had changed it out, if I hadn't told her.

Make sure that mount is torqued properly, and isn't hitting any metal.
Which brand/type did you install?
VF, Mac, or inserts?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Mine shook like hell when I only had the rear mount.... a tune will also make a difference in the vibration.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Just had my VF rear installed. Dash rattles a little when slowing down. Thought I read the mount needs to "break in" a little. Guess, I'll find out.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Yea it needs to break in, later you will hear it squeak when stopped thats another break in thing mine did.

Mine has gotten a lot better but the vibration is still there and notciable, well worth it though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ohh yeah a year and a half later and it still vibrates where I notice it, the Toms tune silenced it but I had to remove that about a month ago when I moved back west to KC,......I guess the 91 octane must have been messin with the tune. It was running so poorly I went back to stock and now have the vibration back.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have the VF rear mount and you will always have some vibration below 800 - 900 rpm. The mount does need to break in and it will feel a lot better in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
the engine mount is stiffer therefore it is normal to have increased vibrations... duh

but i bet it doesn't vibrate as much as my friend's golf that had 3 stiffer mounts installed

·
Registered
511 Posts
I put back the stock tune for a trip to the dealer. W/ AC OFF- Very slight vibration, barely noticeable. W/ AC ON- DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Shakes more than a woman dancing Brazilian music.......

·
Registered
591 Posts
installed mine about 2 -3 weeks ago and my rear hatch shakes along wit my dash..and i have a tune...dont really mind it..guess it will break in some but w/e

1 - 12 of 12 Posts