Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I searched through the forum and didn't find anyone saying this about the 2012. Has anyone experienced failure of the low pressure fuel pump? My car was stalling out during normal driving and giving me an engine code. Took it in and low and behold... bad fuel pump.

I feel like this should last way longer than 75k miles. Is this popping up as a problem for other owners or did I just lose the fuel pump statistical lottery?

Also - is there any way I can contact Ford? I've had cars go 200k miles and more without losing a fuel pump. I feel like it's kind of insane for this one to go out at 75k and cost me $600 to replace.

Thanks!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hey all

I searched through the forum and didn't find anyone saying this about the 2012. Has anyone experienced failure of the low pressure fuel pump? My car was stalling out during normal driving and giving me an engine code. Took it in and low and behold... bad fuel pump.

I feel like this should last way longer than 75k miles. Is this popping up as a problem for other owners or did I just lose the fuel pump statistical lottery?

Also - is there any way I can contact Ford? I've had cars go 200k miles and more without losing a fuel pump. I feel like it's kind of insane for this one to go out at 75k and cost me $600 to replace.

Thanks!
Haven't seen many reports of fuel pumps. Although I think the couple that I have read also stated they tend to run the gas tank right down to empty fairly frequently which is a known issue for all fuel pumps in terms of hastening their demise.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey all

Thanks!

You can contact Ford right here. Hello!

I want to check into some options; please send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2012, which I purchased new, having the same problem. But mine has only 45k miles- mostly highway miles due to my daughter's select tournaments in Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio.
Mine conveniently waited until the day we were released from the hospital with our newborn, and I went to grab some groceries, and my car died. It is fuel related- if it sits several hours, it will start, sputter, then die. Borrowing a code reader to see what it states.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts