Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is running like it's on only 3 of 4 cylinders. I put my code scanner on it and it gave me codes...

P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit
P0344 - Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Intermittent

I believe the "A" circuit is the intake circuit, so I checked the wiring that I could see and it looks fine. Made sure the connector was tight and didn't look burnt or melted, and it wasn't. Did the same with the exhaust side sensor connector, just incase. I then swapped the rear exhaust-side camshaft position sensor with the intake side one as they are identical parts, but the codes still showed showed the same. This leads me to believe that the sensor is not the issue but the wiring. I'm afraid to start tearing apart the harness that that connector is running into in fear of causing more problems.

I'm hoping that someone here might have a wiring diagram for this circuit so I can track down where it goes so I can maybe splice in jumper wiring to bypass that circuitry. Or even suggestions on other things I can try. Or if I'm doomed to be brining this into a dealership service for repair! ACK!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you disconnect the battery?
No I didn’t, but I did clear the codes before I swapped sensors. Should I go back and disconnect and reconnect the battery, then retest? The sensors are still swapped.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,408 Posts
Yes. Clean your grounds from the battery to the body as well. On start up allow engine to idle for 5 minutes before driving.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,408 Posts
I've been reading up on this. Check for damage on the starter circuit. The wires can sometimes run through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts