Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gains sound great. Remove the snorkel, drop in a filter, louder and a little more power. Yes please.

I've watched the video. Looks like moderate amount of risk of screwing something up. I definately don't want to void my 100k warranty.

1) Pulling and holding the lid up, while trying to get the 3 clips off the snorkle? This seems like a decent challenge... plus the risk of breaking the top part you have to bend back.

2) Having to take off the hood latch. And if i mess it up it won't open. Scary.

Should i stay away, or... is this easier then I'm making it out to be?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yeah I think you'll be fine. This is a great first mod to get your feet wet.
Like you said, pretty low risk of screwing things up, and if you do it's not anything that will really void your warranty or keep you from being able to drive to work the next day. You definitely want to do a drop in filter at the same time. If you want more growl do an open end filter.

Also [welcome]
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok! I shall give it a shot. What is the "green" filter brand that is so popular on here?

A open filter means getting a new filter box that is open?

Any risk to the engine (debri/too much heat) from taking off the top of the stock intake?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok! I shall give it a shot. What is the "green" filter brand that is so popular on here?

Any risk to the engine (debri/too much heat) from taking off the top of the stock intake?
Most filters at the end opposite of where it connects to the car is solid rubber. Open end filters have filter element there, such as this one:

If I were to go through that effort, I would install the RS airbox since you're messing with all that. G1FZ9600A and CV6Z9A624B

·
So mote be it
8,801 Posts

lol no tricky names here, the filter company is literally called green filter
https://greenfilter.com/

As long as you are running a filter, you'll be fine. More air in the engine the better. You can also check out the RS intake: https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/677937-rs-intake-mkiii.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm fairly inept and managed it quite easily. The worst you will do is break a couple of the plastic push pins which you can buy a bag of for about $5.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The gains sound great. Remove the snorkel, drop in a filter, louder and a little more power. Yes please.

I've watched the video. Looks like moderate amount of risk of screwing something up. I definately don't want to void my 100k warranty.

1) Pulling and holding the lid up, while trying to get the 3 clips off the snorkle? This seems like a decent challenge... plus the risk of breaking the top part you have to bend back.

2) Having to take off the hood latch. And if i mess it up it won't open. Scary.

Should i stay away, or... is this easier then I'm making it out to be?

Hi, you have to make it as on instruction and hope it will be okay to do proceed.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
simplest way of getting the noise gains is just take the lid of the air box. keeps the snorkel and rest of the piping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
simplest way of getting the noise gains is just take the lid of the air box. keeps the snorkel and rest of the piping.
But that would give you no gains, if anything negative gains due to heat soak. Seriously removing the snorkle is like 20 mins max, everyone should do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts