Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an SCT Flasher and when I install the tune everything works really well except that the cooling fans come on even though the outside temperature is bellow 32 F. I dont know, its kind of weird because they should not come on at a temperature that low. And even though when I try to adjust the temperature for each fan with the SCT they still come on...(for example: the flasher's default tune for those is 200F for the low speed fan and 210F for the high spd fan.) even when I reaised the temperatures they would still come on...what should I do?...any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i hope you didnt get it from focus sport. got mine from them and it worked horribly. all kinds of bugs. my prob was with the 2 step. it didnt ever matter what i set it on it would always be stuck on 3200 rpms. when i called they didnt do jack except send another crappy tune that didnt work any better. so i went to a dyno and paid for a tune and lived happily ever after

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah I didn't get mine from focus sport. I got it from their website, SCTflash.com...and like I said I'm really happy with it except that I don;t know what to do about adjusting the cooling fans temperatures...so yeah. Since you got urs tuned did u take your governor off? If u did so, have u tried going fast, exceeding the speed where the governor was kicking in? (around 108)...I'm just curious, because i havent tried mine yet...lol. In Europe the 2.0 Zetec would hit around 130-135 bone stock. Thats pretty good 4 an engine like this u kno?...but hey thanx 4 the info!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Well Mine does the same thing and its not tuned or modified.. as soon as i turn the car on even with the 7 inch's of snow on it, the fans still turns on......

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
if you bought the flasher with a file on it already the file was made by focus sport. if you got the flasher and it didnt have anything on it and you had to buy a tune elsewhere then you're good unless you bought the tune off the focussport website. the governor on a stock focus is 108. the tune i got from focus sport deleted the governor, i got it to around 120 a few times. after i got the car dynoed and tuned i went out again and did 140+ i dont know exactly how fast i was going because that is as far as the speedo goes lol. i do NOT suggest doing that to anyone. going over the speed limit is very dangerous and i shouldn't have even done it myself. however on another note the car feels safe and stable up until about 115-125 then it starts floating like hell i feel like i could have gone faster but when it started shaking at about the same time i maxed out the speedo so i let out of it. and if youre going that fast do not hit your brakes. either leave it in gear or put it in neutral and coast down to a safe speed and slowly apply brakes. i dont know if any1 else has this problem but i hit the brakes kinda hard at about 110 and it nearly flung me off the road

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have the same feature in my tune and it used to drive me crazy, especially when I pulled up to a drive thru and rolled my window down. It sounds like a jet taxing onto a runway or something. I eventually got used to it. Anywho, I don't think messing with the temperatures is going to work. Do as Tom suggested and contact SCT and have them send you a modified tune. I think the feature is called, "Early Fan Activation" (Atleast that what most tuners call it), have them disable it. I don't think you can do it yourself without the dealer version of the SCT software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts