Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im looking to add a little more go to the foci. currently looking to add 5psi non intercooled with h2o/meth for safety sake with a small quick spooling turbo.i can weld/fab and have access to full cnc shop for maiking misc bits. i would be happy with 50 hp over current setup for f2 to fswerks stealth kit and cfm cai. is this a realistic goal its a dd s model and well i like a car that is just a bit faster than ppl expect. i know up to 8psi is used in the fswerks kit so maybe 10psi with meth and well cam2 race fuel min octane 114 for a rare [:)][:)][:)][:)] you cummins runs with friends [poke]

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
I soldy water meth kit that came with my turbo kit. Didn't want the hassle.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I love my WMI. Nothing better on a turbo car than watching the intake temps decrease as the boost increases.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Hope your not tuning for the WM

Your IAT are not dropping as much as your showing , the IAT sensor gets wet and shows cooler then it is , wet your hand with the water meth then blow on it and you will see what I mean

Tom

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
A Water/Meth kit killed my buddy's boosted 5.3 . No W/M on the new engine.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
yea I wouldn't ever use one on mine not after all what ive invested into the build

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hope your not tuning for the WM

Your IAT are not dropping as much as your showing , the IAT sensor gets wet and shows cooler then it is , wet your hand with the water meth then blow on it and you will see what I mean

Tom
Nope not tuned for it. It's nice having that extra safety net on a boosted motor with the cooler combustion and greatly increased octane. I believe it will help the motor last longer, personally. I'm looking forward to tearing down this current motor to prove/disprove that opinion.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Good as long as you dont tune for it your fine , that way if and when it fails you wont loose an engine

What opinion are you trying to prove / disprove

Tom

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Good as long as you dont tune for it your fine , that way if and when it fails you wont loose an engine

What opinion are you trying to prove / disprove

Tom

So the IAT compensation table being assumed to be correct and dumping xx% fuel is better than the correct amount of fuel?

And why would anyone be so dumb as to inject any liquid prior to the MAF? That's just asking for trouble.
If it's a relocated IAT, it's pretty easy to see how much the WMI changes the temp at the sensor, just run a second before injection. WMI cools xx% then you can make an assumption that the air is cooled a percentage of that based on the amount of vapor injected.
But it's maths and I know you guys hate maths.
100% possible to make a safe, dummy proof tune for it.

But I LOL at the whole WMI thing. The heat is still there. It's just that the bond of WMI is tougher (more heat) to break than air. Which delays ignition.
And like always, buy a proper IC and you won't need add-on's.

A properly set tune, it won't matter if WMI is there, dead or not.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I can tell you havent tuned for WM , to get the gains that the people selling the WM on boost you have to run a good bit of WM and a good bit more timing and take out some fuel if tuned properly

Then if you
switch goes bad
run out of WM
wiring comes loose
hose comes off or wares a hole in it
pump goes bad
forget to turn it on
jet stops up

B O O M !

It isnt the tune that will kill the engine or the WM , it would be the lack of WM with it tuned for WM that would kill the engine and I have seen all of the above kill a boosted engine on WM

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts