Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just finished installing my JRSC on my 2000 zx3 and I am only getting 3 pounds of boost, I have checked everything on the system and can not find anything wrong. I was wondering if anyone else has had a low boost issue with there JRSC or if Maybe mine is bad..

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't thought of that one. Will check that out. Thanks for the idea if you have anymore let me know

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have started the car and took carb cleaner and sprayed it all over the engine looking for a vacuum leak and I cannot find one so I am going to say that I don't have one.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Check the nipples on the back of the manifold as well. They have been known to vet loose and leak...jb weld fixes that.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
bad wastegate?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
A wastegate on a supercharger...not so much.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
but there is a by pass valve. that has been known to get holes in the diaphragm. that could be Worth checking out as well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yes. A faulty bypass valve is a common culprit.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I hooked up my vacuum pump to it and I could get it to open and close. I think its still good but does anyone know where to get a new one or a rebuild kit for It ?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
My friend had a Mini Cooper S that wasn't holding boost. Turned out the HOSE to the bypass valve had a sizeable tear in it. So I would look around for tears in hoses.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will check all this out. thanks for the help guys i know that someday i will figure it out and have a boosted focus...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts