Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found schematic and able to pinpoint my problem was multi functional switch. Low beams work now
When you say "multi functional switch" are you referring to the Turn Signal Switch on the steering column or the
Headlight Switch on the left side dash?

I have the same issue here. No low beams, high beams work fine. All fuses, bulbs, and relays check out ok. I swapped the dash mounted Headlight Switch with a salvaged one, same issue.

Also, do you have a link to the schematic?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know if this helps

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have the same issue here. No low beams, high beams work fine. All fuses, bulbs, and relays check out ok. I swappethe dash mounted Headlight Switch with a salvaged one, same issue.
What year/model/engine/trans do you have?

Paul

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "simple wire"?
Im not sure what he meant by that either.

You most likely have the same problem though and need to replace the multifuction switch (turn signal, low/hi beam).

Do this test first:
Remove the multifuction switch
With the ignition ON and main headlight switch ON, jumper (paperclip, etc) pin 8 (GRN/RED) to pin 9 (GRN/BLU) at the multifuction switch connector. The low beams should come on.

Good luck
Paul

Reactions: Diego4tech

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im not sure what he meant by that either.

You most likely have the same problem though and need to replace the multifuction switch (turn signal, low/hi beam).

Do this test first:
Remove the multifuction switch
With the ignition ON and main headlight switch ON, jumper (paperclip, etc) pin 8 (GRN/RED) to pin 9 (GRN/BLU) at the multifuction switch connector. The low beams should come on.

Good luck
Paul
Jumping pin 8 and pin 9 at the multifuction switch connector DID turn the low beams on. It looks like I found my cars issue.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Jumping pin 8 and pin 9 at the multifuction switch connector DID turn the low beams on. It looks like I found my cars issue.
(y)

You can also test the switch for continuity using an ohm meter, test light, etc, at the same two contacts. When the switch is in the low beam position you should have continuity.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
(y)

You can also test the switch for continuity using an ohm meter, test light, etc, at the same two contacts. When the switch is in the low beam position you should have continuity.

Good luck
Paul
I swapped out the multifuction switch (turn signal, low/hi beam) and now all is well. It fixed the issue. Thanks everyone for your help!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts