Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter advises that the low beams on our '06 4dr SEL refuse to work. The High beams still function as they should and the fog/driving lights come on as they should BUT the low beams do not. She said she checked the fuse and it appeared to be OK, is there a relay in the circuit that could cause this?[scratch] Looking forward to some ehlp with this matter[thankyou]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[thumb] Problem Solved

Okay folks, the mystery was solved...replaced the headlamp relay ($19 at the local "stealershiP") and the low beams are working once again.[werd]

·
Registered
79 Posts
No Low beams

[?|] I need to revive this thread, My low beams don't work, highs do. The 20 amp fuse in the box under the hood looks ok, I switched the high and low beam relays (R5 & R6) and no change. What gives??

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Burnt out bulbs are a possibility there are two filaments in your bulbs one for high one for low try that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was thinking that also, but what are the odds that both low beams go out at the same time??

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Not usually good.

·
Registered
851 Posts
could be that or the multifunction switch. or as some call it the turn signal switch. Mine went bad and had to replace it. Luckily there were some foci in the local junkyard

·
Registered
79 Posts
Replaced the bulbs. Fixed it.?? Both low beam fillaments were bad, you could tell the coils were like unsprung a little.
It could be my alternator spiked.??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts