Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two months ago or so my left low beam headlight went dim (low beam and daytime running light), i thought that was just a bad bulb but Ive got hids in my fog lights so i didn't care much about it, yesterday i finally stopped by and got a pair of bulbs, replaced and I'm still having the same problem. Checked all the fuses and relays and everything is good. But i don't think it has something to do with the fuses because its always dim. I didn't not check the high beams yet if it does the same thing, but i think i tried before and everything worked. I have no idea when even to start looking for the problem, or and also how hot do the connections and bulbs get? After driving maybe 10-15 from the store, i couldn't really touch the bulbs and the connectors right away, coz they were hot
Any help would be appreciated

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Two spots to check if you looked at the numerous fuses and relays: Ground in the engine compartment left front and the actual bulb receptacle itself (check for corrosion).
Think you might have a bad ground.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two spots to check if you looked at the numerous fuses and relays: Ground in the engine compartment left front and the actual bulb receptacle itself (check for corrosion).
Think you might have a bad ground.
Just checked all three grounds cleaned them up a bit and stuff and nothing changed, but i've played around with high beams and here's what i've got:

When just daytime running light are on and i flash high beams left headlight turns off completely

When lights are on, low beam, and i turn the high beams - i get back a dimmed left headlight

weird...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Use a multi meter and check the voltages out of each bulb harness. If one is getting more power thats the reason why.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
If you are sure the bulb is OK - perhaps swap sides to check once more - then it's either a wiring fault between switch and lamp or your multi-function switch is acting up.
High beam wire (left) is green/black on a 2002. Sorry, don't have 2003 wiring manual.
Current flow after switch is - relay R5 - fuse 26 - headlamp - ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts