Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Focus ZTS 2004 2.3l 5 speed tranny, the old clutch started slipping so I bought a new clutch kit that came with clutch, pressure plate, spring and slave cylinter.

My Mechanic installed everything and when I test drove it it makes a loud chirping noise when engaging the gear only, once its fully in gear it stops.

There is NO noise when idle whether clutch is pressed or not. It makes the chirping noise only when shifting into gear happens on all 5 gears for about 2 seconds then stops.

Ive seen countless threads on rattling noise when idle or when depressing clutch mine doesnt make that at all.

Mechanic is saying I need a new flywheel but I dont see how that is the issue if this noise wasnt there before.

I think he either didnt install it right or since its new (less than 60 miles on it) its somewhat making that noise until it settles in.

what can it be?
thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'd bet the noise would only be in first if you didn't "slip" the other gear changes.

Replacement flywheel would have been the way to go for the installation. "Dual Mass" flywheel can't be resurfaced & it's getting old by the time a clutch is needed.

You'll need a whole set the next time around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts