Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a few weeks my svt has been making a weird noise during accel throu the RPM's. from idle to about 4,500 to 5,000 is normal. above 5,500 there is a louder howl from under the hood. it basicly started like this out of the blue. i drove the car home and it was fine. about 4 hours later got in and started down the road and it began. i thought at first it might be a vibration noise coming from the tranny or an axle. so i pressed in the clutch and rev'd up and it still did the noise. the best i can describe it is a vibration/howl noise similar to a vtec engine always kicking in around the same time regardless of throttle position. starting to get on my nerves cause no mechanics around hear have any idea whats causeing it nor care to try and figure it out. sucks, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what they did to fix it.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Sounds like your intake runner control motor is about done. The noise range that you've mentioned pinpoints down to the IIRC motor being the culprit. Have you noticed a loss in power at the start of the noise around 5500 RPMS?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it has been feeling kinda like its been sluggish, also like a surging feel sumtimes while i accel.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Yeah, I'm willing to put money that your IRC motor is toast. I wouldn't put the car through too much use right now until you can get that replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts