Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2005 zx4 st and am having an issue. like 4 weeks ago the brake pedal starting making a grinding noise when it was pushed down. this noise is not from the brakes but is coming from the pedal itself. it does not happen every time but it has been happening more frequestly, sometimes louder than others. when this happens the ABS light and the traction control light come on and stay on for about 30 seconds. anyone ever had this happen?? I was driving it today and in 3rd gear it started sputtering and i downshifted to 2nd and it stopped but the traction control light came on again. the noise from the brakes is mainly in driving under 50 mph.....like if i am going 80 and need to stop i never hear the noise or feel the grinding......it seems to happen more when the clutch is depressed in while braking also....PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
Bad master cylinder maybe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed

it was the bearing. the bearing on the driver side was shot to hell i think that was the problem it had to be. the rotor was so shaky that must have been the noise from the calipers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts