Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Focus just passed its MOT last week and prior to that my brother in law did a little work on it.

A couple of months ago I noticed the exhaust noisy, took it to Kwik Fit and they identified that the flex joint needed replaced. Not long after that I noticed a humming sound from my car and assumed it was the exhaust. However, over time it got louder and I noticed that the rear offside tyre was very worn on the inside. Therefore my brother in law and I came to the same conclusion that the bearing had gone on this wheel.

So just before MOT he replaced the exhaust part and the bearing with new parts. The bearing was wrecked so off I drove confident there would be no more humming. However, it's still there and now starting to drive me nuts.

I thought the MOT would've picked up a problem but it didn't. It seems like the noise is from the rear but when I turn right and only when I turn right, it goes away.

So now I'm thinking it must have something to do with my front wheels. Has anyone any idea what this could be? Many thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Maybe it's humming because it doesn't know the words! Seriouly, bearings etc. usually sound metallic. I had a problem (probably caused by me installing poly sway bar bushings) with the front bar being off center and rubbing on the axle, but that was more of a squeaky grinding sound to my ear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts