Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again and thank you again

I am back with my 2010 Focus 134,000 miles. I had the entire exhaust system replaced at ford dealer approx 5 years ago. When I first start the car, and what I call the choke is on, or the RPMs are high, the muffler is loud. sounds like a hole in the muffler. that kind of noise. But when the rpms' come down and the choke goes off, it's fine. when I drive the car it's fine. no excessive nois. just when I first start it for abour 1 minute with higher rpms. IS this normal? what could cause this?

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Or hearing loud vibration adding to exhaust note due to a bad mount.

Reactions: pbfoot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for answering. I just had the passenger side motor mount replaced a few months ago and according to the ford dealer the other 2 mounts are ok....there is a lot of rust on the tail pipe......

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,636 Posts
thanks for answering. I just had the passenger side motor mount replaced a few months ago and according to the ford dealer the other 2 mounts are ok....there is a lot of rust on the tail pipe......
Maybe an exhaust hanger is broken. Look underneath in the back. Grab the tailpipe and give it a good shake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe an exhaust hanger is broken. Look underneath in the back. Grab the tailpipe and give it a good shake.

HI everyone,

I need your help on this one. This is a 2010 focus I bought form a Ford dealer in 2015. I drove it off the lot and could tell the exhaust had a problem. I took it back to the dealer. they said car was sold as is, it needs a whole new exhaust system $1200. I said ok fine. Approx. 2 years later, a clamp broke off and had to be welded back on which cost $250. I was driving the car this year 2020 and the exhaust is loud again. I took it to the Ford dealer, they said we don't do exhaust work anymore. They recommended a local muffler shop. I took it there. I just got off the phone with them, they are again recommending I rip the entire exhaust system off the car and replace it and are quoting me $1700 as a price. I think at this point they are jerking my chain and am going to have someone else look at it, unless anyone thinks they could be telling the truth?

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,636 Posts
HI everyone,

I need your help on this one. This is a 2010 focus I bought form a Ford dealer in 2015. I drove it off the lot and could tell the exhaust had a problem. I took it back to the dealer. they said car was sold as is, it needs a whole new exhaust system $1200. I said ok fine. Approx. 2 years later, a clamp broke off and had to be welded back on which cost $250. I was driving the car this year 2020 and the exhaust is loud again. I took it to the Ford dealer, they said we don't do exhaust work anymore. They recommended a local muffler shop. I took it there. I just got off the phone with them, they are again recommending I rip the entire exhaust system off the car and replace it and are quoting me $1700 as a price. I think at this point they are jerking my chain and am going to have someone else look at it, unless anyone thinks they could be telling the truth?
That is way too high a price. Find another shop.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
It is entirely possible a 10 year old car if from up north could need an entire new exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts