Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad front motor mount, so I changed it, there is still a loud banging noise coming from under the car. It only happens while accelerating, an not in 1st gear, but second, and third, and so on. If I push in the clutch, and take it out of gear, no noise, no banging. I can accelerate through it, and it seems to get quieter. I can also kind of drive easy, and it seems to almost not happen. I've changed both front and rear motor mounts, and nothing...I'm lost. I hope it's nothing seriously bad. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed that one, but I didn't get the poly one. I got the cheap one from oreilly. I'm saving up for the front and rear poly mounts from fswerks.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I changed that one, but I didn't get the poly one. I got the cheap one from oreilly. I'm saving up for the front and rear poly mounts from fswerks.
Thats your problem the oem style rear is known for being slack.

get the CFM rear its better than VF ......VF rear is a 2 piece bushing FLAWED design it will rip on the trans side had 3 of them go out. I have the VF driver and passenger mounts though. I love the vibes in the SVT from all 3 mounts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I recently swapped the rear motor mount and the front passenger side mount. The hydraulic front passenger side mount, from the auto parts store has failed twice, so I ordered a solid one from rockauto. I'm considering a poly mount for the rear, but I just want to make sure that it will fit perfectly. I'm looking at cfm, but should I get both poly mounts or just the rear as suggested by cfm?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I recently swapped the rear motor mount and the front passenger side mount. The hydraulic front passenger side mount, from the auto parts store has failed twice, so I ordered a solid one from rockauto. I'm considering a poly mount for the rear, but I just want to make sure that it will fit perfectly. I'm looking at cfm, but should I get both poly mounts or just the rear as suggested by cfm?
aftermarket "OEM style" mounts suck don't waste your money the OEM passenger on the SVT is liquid filled.

Rear Poly mount is the most improvement with shift feeling and movement of Motor/trans and will get rid of that "bang" during shifts. next to improve shift feeling would be a STS, solid shift mounts, delrin cube, Wunguns mod.

the poly driver and passenger mount are nice but some people dont like the vibes its not bad ay all and you only notice it at idle, I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts