Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I want to install a new chip in my Focus, and I don’t really know which one to choose.. Which one is better or which is the best? Superchip or Diablo? Or is there another one out there I don’t know about? I’m really close to buying the Diablo, but does it matter which version? I know they go by the code on your car, so that’s not the question.

Reason for the chipping: Governor kicks in, not giving me a chance to hold my own on the autobahn. American specs are not the same as the Europeans. I’m getting waxed on the autobahn over here.

Here is what I have already done with my ZX5. Performance wise. FocusSport Cool Air intake, shorty headers, MangaFlow Catback

If ya’ll have any other suggestions, besides getting another car/engine/ please let me know.

Also I can put all the super dooper stuff on it I want, and it won’t matter, because of the governor. It will just mean I can get to 115 faster… That’s all……

[?|] ZX5Nit

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
for you...i say superchip, then contact them and being you are overseas...see if they can do anything with bluefin (yes i know the diff. in the ecu's)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kicknzx3 & microtonal

Thanks, I'll look into them and let yall know how well I did with them. I got the code and will be ordering soon!

ZX5Nit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW...... Anyone know anything on the diablo "deltachip" .... Is it any good?????

Thanks

ZX5Nit

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
ZX5Nit said:
BTW...... Anyone know anything on the diablo "deltachip" .... Is it any good?????
Thanks
ZX5Nit
I got one. It's got some modest gains of maybe (2-3)HP's in the low RPM's but it's
nothing special. You can turn the chip on/off using the toggle switch. Save your money and get one when you have enough mods to get a custom program. The 13 HP increase claims don't happen until you get mods that require a custom program. The standard upgrade program only gives you ~2-3 HP's and removes the Speed and Rev limiters. This was tested and is in the new Ford Focus book. http://www.cartechbooks.com/vstore/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&User_ID=65125&st=838&st2=-83449&st3=-84355&Product_ID=2148&CATID=13
It also requires 91+ octane or better for gas. With the high gas prices, I find it hard to pay an extra 20 cents a gallon for 91+ octane. Unless you have a need to go 135MPH and use 91+ octane, I would get one later. The only good it does now is that when I decide to get the custom programming, it will only cost $180 instead of ~$400 bucks all at once for the entire Diablosport Delta chip with custom programming because the custom programming is extra on top of the ~$220 price of the Diablosport Delta chip. If you decide to get one, you can go to http://www.rpmoutlet.com/focusdelta.htm and they will send it overnight for free.
[whip]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
microtonal,

thanks for the advice, but give me some examples on other mods....... You mean like a throttle body, port n polish type stuff? Because I think the next big things I do, will be upgrading the shorties to race headers and a throttle body...... Other than that... I'm still a rookie, and may be climbing to fast up the food chain.........

Also, your right..... I do wanna go at least 135 or more....... I can keep up w/ most of em over here, its just my governor is killing me, or should I say keeping me alive (" you only crash once on the autobahn") I just wanna have that playing power, and then ease off the speedsters, when I choose too.

but hey thanks for the advice and time.... I'll let you know on what goes!!!

[thumb]
ZX5Nit

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
To get the full benefit of the custom programming, you would want to get a bigger ported head, headers, bigger cams, new cam spockets, TB, exhaust, injectors and other mods that out grows the stock ECU.
Your stock ECU will do good with TB, intake, exhaust and other small mods but when you start getting 20+ or more (wheel horse power)WHP's out of your engine, the stock ECU may be your bottle neck and a custom program will be required so your engine is aware of the new changes.
But if you need to get rid of the rev and speed governer, the chip will do it on MOST ECU codes but not all. Like I said, if you just want to get rid of the Speed and Rev limiters, email diablopsort with your ECU code and verify that their stock program will remove it on your code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
microtonal,

OK.... I'll take that to the bank....... Thanks for the info and time. I'll post on how well the car does after the upgrade!

[:D]

ZX5Nit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts