Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished putting in my short throw shifter from cfm, and now i have no reverse.... wtf?? i have every gear but reverse..[rant] [rant] wtf do i do? pleaseee help!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does the short throw just not reach far enough to reach over to the reverse position? It seems like that is more of a possibilty than anything.. Then again I have yet to have much experience with the 08+ foci...

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured it out...i didnt put the 4 screws on the shift base all the way in, so there wasnt enough leverage. i accidently stripped the screws trying to put them back in, went to autozone, got new screws, and voila! it works!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do not know if I have the same issue but on the 2002 Focus I just picked up, we are having a tough time getting the car in reverse. It has a B&M short shifter. All of the forward gears seam to work fine but we really have to wank on the shift lever to get it over and then down to access reverse. Even when it finally goes in it feels like it only drops back about 1/4 inch. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts