Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys

I have a ZX3 2001 with a weird problem. When I drive my car and the engine is warm, it lost power. If I accelerate suddenly (gas pedal at bottom) afer 4000 RPM the engine doesn't respnd and stuck having a limitation of RPM in any shift and even if the car is stop. When the car is cold I dont have this. I notice that my engine is working hotter than normal but the cooling system is working (fan, radiator etc). I dont have any CEL and I already check the fuel pressure (32 PSI after 30 min engine on). I want to be sure before replace something as someone suggested that could be the catalytic converter and other told me that is the fuel pump and regulator, so I am confused. I would appreciate your help on this as the difference could be hundreds.

Regards

Jedum

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check your coolant. Is it old? I've had 2 vehicles both react to old coolant. Once plowing snow I would lose all power when I was pushing a large pile of snow. Turned out the coolant was brown (i was a kid at the time) changed it and power returned. Bought a CJ7 6 cylinder several years ago and the first day took it out behind the house to climb some hills. It started losing power after it was warmed. Again the coolant was brown.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
well, the fuel pumps were under a recall on your year. Contact your local Ford dealer with the VIN and see if it has been done on your car. If not, go get it done, if it has, change the fuel filter before you do ANYTHING else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts