Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trading in my Sedan tonight. Picking up a loaded 2013 ST3. Took a test drive and just fell in love with the power, the upgraded interior that reminded me of my Dad's Escape Titanium (rip) and the seats. After they are worn a bit they are quite comfortable while still hugging you. Going to miss my sedan, first new car but I'm excited like I have never been before to get in and drive.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Trading in my Sedan tonight. Picking up a loaded 2013 ST3. Took a test drive and just fell in love with the power, the upgraded interior that reminded me of my Dad's Escape Titanium (rip) and the seats. After they are worn a bit they are quite comfortable while still hugging you. Going to miss my sedan, first new car but I'm excited like I have never been before to get in and drive.
You lucky #&%#@!

Congrats.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has the splice TSB been fixed as well as the rmm tsb? I have an efocus rmm if it didn't already come with one.
I'm planning to run it up to Ford next week to do the sync update to it. I'll check then.

How many (hopefully not too rough) miles on the odo?
60000. The guy made trips back and forth a couple hundred hwy miles every week. Sold it after he bought a corvette and a Mazda 3 for commuting.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
F35 mentioned an update, NOT a delete.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Sync is so bad that I only use the touch screen. If it was my choice I'd take everything out and replace it with aftermarket.
I have to disagree. Sync works fine with or without the touch screen. It's the best infotainment system I've used. The MyLink system is awful and convoluted, the voice command button only runs the phone/ bluetooth, and there are crappy non tactile capacitive buttons that are redundant and annoying, and Uconnect is also primitive.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never had an issue with mine. My parents occasionally did but it was due to them not speaking clearly, geting frustrated and combining prompts with manic screen presses which sent their escape into seizures. I love sync even more so with the mytouch.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Sync is so bad that I only use the touch screen. If it was my choice I'd take everything out and replace it with aftermarket.
The voice recognition in my car is excellent.

Perhaps you should fully understand the problem before making any conclusions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've played around with it a lot and my opinion remains the same. Voice recognition isn't that great in mine, even when speaking clearly. From what I understand, the st uses a slightly different mft system than the n/a. Not sure if that's the reason.

Not a fan of disabling iPod control via iPod too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
From what I understand, the st uses a slightly different mft system than the n/a. Not sure if that's the reason.
Where did you hear that? It should be the same.

Cousin has a Fusion, and that was her complaint until we got the dealer to replace the mic, and she's been happy with it since then.

I like mine, but it is worthless if I have the sunroof open and/or the windows open. If they are all closed, it works fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Apparently there was an issue with the lockpick device to trick mft into thinking it wasn't moving so a passenger can enter an address for me. Supposedly it doesn't work with the st, but I might be wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts