Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I lost my final key yesterday. The car only came with one when i bought it.
Apparently ford only keeps records for 10 years so they no longer have the information to have a dealership cut a key. So my question is, could I contact the SVT team somehow and get the PATs info?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There is no PATS info to get, the "code" in each key is programmed into the car by computer.

If you start from "0" keys, with existing erased, a MINIMUM of two keys MUST be programmed in for it to work.

A GOOD locksmith, who can make the keys AND has the computer to program them in is the best bet.

Even if you drilled the lock & replaced it, you'd still need a Dealer or locksmith to program the new keys - and a locksmith to make keys to fit the OTHER locks.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
A locksmith came to my house, he made keys and programmed them right on the spot, which is probably cheaper than the dealer, especially if you need a tow there. I did have a spare key with no chip, basically a door key, for him to make real keys from though.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ that makes it a lot easier, it's a bit of a chore to start from just a set of locks but it can be done.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
It was around $150 for programming and two keys, but it may vary from place to region. A good locksmith should give you two programmed keys on a Ford, if you have two you can program more yourself.

The lost keys incident was on another Ford in the family, my Focus came with two keys and I programmed a third myself to lessen the chance of this headache.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts