Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned, I have lost ground at the seatbelts, the e brake handle, and also my ABS light stays on.

I have replaced the seat belt actuator, alternator, instrument cluster, added ground wires to engine. Upgraded the alternator wire to a 2awg.

Checked all the ground wires at the A pillars.

Read through most of the common causes and seen some u tube videos, but nothing has helped.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am stuck.

PS 2002 FOCUS ZX5

Thanks,
Allcruisen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked under driver's carpet for broken or loose wires and nothing. I am going nuts on this issue. All the fuses are good. Just have no clue as to why my seatbelt chime doesn't work, and I have lost ground somewhere.

PLEASE HELP, I don't want to keep taking out things to find out it could be something simple.

PS This issue just started with an abs light on, also, this car doesn't have abs brake's if that helps.

Thanks again,
Allcruisen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't do anything, just started one morning with the seatbelt chime staying on (even with seatbelt latched) and the abs light on.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe I didn't explain it correctly, The buzzer is not on, I pulled the fuse and after a couple days I put it back and the light is on for the abs ,but the light for the seatbelt just goes on when I first start the car and then shuts off. With seatbelt latched on or not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE, pulled seats and carpet to check wires and they all seem to be good.
My next question is, would it be possible by any chance I have a bad ECM ? Will the car still run and shift correctly even with a bad ECM, but loose ground at several places?

Thanks to all, as I am stuck on this issue.
Allcruisen 🇺🇲

1 - 12 of 12 Posts