Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned, I have lost ground at the seatbelts, the e brake handle, and also my ABS light stays on.

I have replaced the seat belt actuator, alternator, instrument cluster, added ground wires to engine. Upgraded the alternator wire to a 2awg.

Checked all the ground wires at the A pillars.

Read through most of the common causes and seen some u tube videos, but nothing has helped.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am stuck.

PS 2002 FOCUS ZX5

Thanks,
Allcruisen

·
Registered
133 Posts
Based on location I would look for a ground between the seats under the carpet. Follow your wire harness out from the parking brake and seat sensors. You could look for an on-line diagram that shows the location of the wire harness and locate the ground pack locations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am going to take out the driver's seat and see if there is any broken wire(s) under the carpet.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
133 Posts
I found diagrams and it looks like there is no ground point under the drivers seat. G303 seems suspect as it is related to the left rear wheel speed sensor which would tie in to your ABS. G304 is under the passenger seat. I think they have labeled some of these incorrectly G303 and G304 seem to have been swapped as far as diagram reference goes (Fig. 14 and 15.). Here is the site I'm referencing >> 2002-05 Ford Focus - Electrical Components Locations however when testing the link does not seem to work as it does not bring me to the page I was looking at. You'll have to navigate around and figure it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm going to look into it. Also my car doesn't have abs brakes, but I know it is pre wired for abs, so this very well could be an issue with the wires under the seat.

Thanks for the info, trottida.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, UPDATE, pulled seats and carpet to check wires and they all seem to be good.
My next question is, would it be possible by any chance I have a bad ECM ? Will the car still run and shift correctly even with a bad ECM ?
Thanks to all, as I am stuck on this issue.
Allcruisen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts