Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm new to the forums so forgive the lack of knowledge.
My wife has a 2001 SE with 117000km (75000ML) the car get oil changes every 5000km or less. I have noticed the past year or so its been running very sluggish. I was told by the dealership to get the injectors cleaned and it didnt seem to improve anything except another 25km to a tank off gas. Ive done the simple things like change the air filter.
If anyone could give me some tips that would be great.

Thanks

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Welcome to FocusFanatics.com!! [thumb]

Older cars just need maintenance, have you gotten all the other typical scheduled maintenance requirements done to it? Let me know..........

·
Registered
891 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Is it auto or manual?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Fuel Filter, yeah, that's a big one, suppose to be done every 50,000 kms. Check air filter or replace it, other fluids can sometimes affect this, general 'shape' of the vehicle mechanically, etc.

As mentioned, post up what you have had done already and we'll be able to give you a better 'idea' of what it may be..........

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The 2001 also may have the fuel pump recall, (TSB whatever) depending on the VIN (when it was made).

My fuel pump is bad but my VIN isn't listed in the "recall".

[mad]

·
Registered
461 Posts
pick up a haynes manual and check the listing of recommended maintenance at the specified intervals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts