Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm at myrtle beach, SC atm... and I was thinking it is just extreme heatsoak from the engine bay because at the moment i have a filter slapped on the end of the intake tube because i traded my stock stuff for a turbo which i resold LOL...

anyway the problem i noticed is if I take off 1-4th gear and punch it till 4-5k i have the pedal to the floor and as soon as it hits between those rpms It's like my focus hits a brick wall.

here are some things that i changed before coming to the beach...
  1. cleaned IAC and reinstalled
  2. changed timing belt and water pump (dealer install)
  3. replaced thermostat and flushed radiator

And I'm narrowing it down between the fuel filter (that was changed around 100K I now have 122K) or the timing was not done 100% right causing it to do this...

I'm kinda leaning towards the fuel filter now because its even doing it at night down here.... I need to take my focus to autozone to get a OBD reading sometime... my check engine light is always on cause of the EGR delete and the 02 sensor in my long tube headers... so i can't tell if i got a new code or not...

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but what is weird is last time the fuel filter went out i could go past like 3k rpm....

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could it be the plugs? i kinda sprayed the engine off the other day and i think a good bit of water could have made it into the plugs? :/

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Check the code and see if it reveals any new clues. Then I would say that change the fuel filter and see what happens. they are not hard of expensive and its good maintenance. water should have evaporated when the engine got hot. in 4 years i have never caused an issue by washing an engine(maybe i am lucky). It would not hurt to pull off the spark plug wires to check to see if its dry around the plugs.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the codes were pulled from autozone...
only the regular 3 showed up
1. EGR
2. cat converter
3. 02 sensor (because of longtube headers)

What I did that kind of helped...
1. refilled gas tank at exxon (was told by lady that i could have got bad gas on the way down.)
2. poured some kind of fuel line cleaner/injector cleaner in the tank when filled up
3. replaced a nasty ass air filter with a brand new spectre filter lol

I think it was the gas... its slowly starting to go away and letting me hit higher rpms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts