Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving had just got off the freeway. I turned the corner &my radio started going in &out, then all my needles dropped &lights went out. I pulled over &turned the car off &when I turned the key everything went back to normal but wouldn't start. I got a jump &it started & idled fine but when I went to take off in 1st it started the same things with the lights &gauges. I kept it going because I had to get home. as long as I had the clutch pushed in it was fine so I had to ride the clutch all the way home. but when I let off of it to go it was a very hard jumping almost like I was out of gas. when I turned the corner down my block I was trying to hit the gas to rev it up &it was like I wasn't even hitting the gas at all. there was no power from me hitting the gas. it stalled as I pulled in front of my house &I haven't tried it since. I did have my idle control motor unplugged because of issues. I just had timing belt changed. battery is less than a year old. fuel pump less than a year old. fuel pump relays changed.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Charge the battery FULLY and then get the alternator checked, probably bad.

Driving the car around after a jump-off DOES NOT QUALIFY AS CHARGING IT! In fact, that's how the alt gets toasted usually.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Charge the battery FULLY and then get the alternator checked, probably bad.

Driving the car around after a jump-off DOES NOT QUALIFY AS CHARGING IT! In fact, that's how the alt gets toasted usually.
Word for word almost perfect. Do that stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts