Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have replaced my speakers with:

Rockford Fosgate r165 and Sony Xs-fb1620e, I have also sound dampened all 4 doors.I have lost a fair bit of bass, mids and highs are very clear and good,however I don’t understand how stock speakers that are made out of paper produced a better bass. Is it due to the fact that there isn’t enough power coming form the head unit and it requires a small amp? Or will I need amp and separate sub sub?

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
942 Posts
You may have the speakers wired out of phase. Reverse the positive and negative wires on the speakers.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
942 Posts
You need an amplifier to run upgraded speakers. The factory amplifier will push a paper cone speaker maybe 1/2 of an inch. The same amplifier can only push an upgraded speaker 1/8 of an inch. Therefore you have no bass.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Better speakers take more power which also means they need more power.
It is very important when upgrading speakers that you do the research to find the best speakers that will work on a low-power stock system.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need an amplifier to run upgraded speakers. The factory amplifier will push a paper cone speaker maybe 1/2 of an inch. The same amplifier can only push an upgraded speaker 1/8 of an inch. Therefore you have no bass.
I thought so, you think Alpine KTP-445 would be sufficient?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea that looks like a very well paired amp with those speakers. That thing is pretty popular too.
I managed to change the speakers. However not very comfortable installing the amp. How difficult would this be? I’m more worried about the wiring situation. There was a guide somewhere on these forums, however all of the pictures are gone so no good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts