Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You Hi, 

I am not sure if anyone has covered this but can’t find anything. I have a a 2010 Focus 1.8 duratec titanium. It runs perfect round town and general driving.

The problem occurs after I do motorway drives. For instance, I will drive on the motorway for 5-10 miles at 60-70 mph. When I exit motorway and resume driving round town there is a lack of power after 2000rpm. My foot will be fully down and there isn’t any response.

It will be like this until the car has fully cooled down, stopped for a couple of hrs. I have had diagnostic on it with no error codes at all. I have changed spark plugs, filters and nothing has worked.

Many ides?

cheers in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no, say you exit the motorway after doing 5-10 miles at 60-70 and come to lights or a junction. It is just so sluggish from 2000rpm. You can put your foot top floor and feels like towing a caravan.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s hard to explain but you can hear it struggle through the Rev range. It’s like it it get a slight surge of power then decreases and so one. Sorry not a great explanation

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check/clean the Mass Air Sensor. Then maybe focus on fueling. I would then check O2. If it is old, change it out. They wear out. Then maybe look at/clean injectors. Then I would probable look at the exhaust system. The Catalytic or muffler could be causing blockage when hot for some reason/old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thank you for the reply. I have checked and cleaned the mass air sensor, EGR valve, serviced it. What do you mean by O2. Cheers

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Hi, thank you for the reply. I have checked and cleaned the mass air sensor, EGR valve, serviced it. What do you mean by O2. Cheers
02 sensor= is in the exhaust manifold/downpipe as it reads the exhaust content to figure out if it needs more or less fuel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have it scanned for codes, or buy a cheap BT OBD2 module and get the Torque app and do it yourself. I remember having a large K&N cone filter on my car years ago would cause huge bogs off the line but that was in summer heat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts